Breakfast Sausage and Tater Tots with Fresh Vegetables
Courtesy of Chef Mark Cleveland
Time: 5 to 20 mins
Time to Prep: ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
Ease to Prep: ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
Taste Score: ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
Oatmeal and cereal make a fast and convenient breakfast, but they can certainly become mundane after a while. Here is a quick and easy recipe to make a hearty breakfast on the fly in as little as 5 minutes. With breakfast sausage, tater tots, vegetables, cheese, and a sauce of your choosing, it has few ingredients, requires little food prep, and has tons of flavor. Give this recipe a try and kiss the boring breakfast goodbye.
- 1½ cups of raw vegetables of your choice (red kale and bell pepper used in photo)
- ⅓ cup of your choice of salsa, BBQ sauce, gravy, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, pesto, etc.
- 7 tater tots (fresh or frozen)
- 3 mini chicken or pork breakfast sausage links (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup of your choice of cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs of your choice (for garnish)
Cut the vegetables into small, bite-sized pieces. In a mixing bowl, mix the vegetables in with your sauce/salsa and add salt and pepper. Load the mixed vegetables and sauce into a Ready. Chef. Go!® bag. Although this step is optional, if you like the sausages and tots a bit crispier in texture, you can use a pan or skillet to sauté them in olive oil until they are slightly browned. Place the tater tots and sausages on top of the veggies in the Ready. Chef. Go!® bag. Add in the cheese cubes to the bag and seal it.
Conventional Oven: Preheat the oven to 400° F. Place the bag on a baking sheet and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted nicely.
Microwave: Place the bags on a microwave-safe dish and cook on high for 2½ to 3 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
Let the bag cool for a minute and then cut it open and plate the meal to serve. Serve with fresh herbs for garnish.