Oatmeal and cereal make a fast and convenient breakfast, but they can certainly become mundane after a while. Here is a quick and easy recipe to make a hearty breakfast on the fly in as little as 5 minutes. With breakfast sausage, tater tots, vegetables, cheese, and a sauce of your choosing, it has few ingredients, requires little food prep, and has tons of flavor. Give this recipe a try and kiss the boring breakfast goodbye.
Courtesy of Chef Mark Cleveland
Time to Prep: ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
Ease to Prep: ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
Taste Score: ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆
- 1½ cups of raw vegetables of your choice (red kale and bell pepper used in photo)
- ⅓ cup of your choice of salsa, BBQ sauce, gravy, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, pesto, etc.
- 7 tater tots (fresh or frozen)
- 3 mini chicken or pork breakfast sausage links (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup of your choice of cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs of your choice (for garnish)
- 1 Ready. Chef. Go!® Microwave and Oven Steam Cooking Bag